Monday 19 January 2015

Music Monday: Faz Um Milagre Em Mim




Looking back over my blog, I can’t believe how long it’s been since I shared a Music Monday with you all! I intend to change that in the new year.

The song that I want to share with you today is a special one. It’s a Portuguese song written by Regise Danese. Because you may not understand the lyrics, here is the translation of them.  (Note that this is Google Translate, so it may not be entirely accurate.)

Like Zacchaeus
I want to climb,
The highest I can
Just to see You
Looking for You
And call your attention to me.
I need You, Lord
I need you, Oh Father!
I'm too small
Give me Thy Peace
Leave everything to follow you.

Come into my house
Come into my life
Move in my structure
Heal all wounds
Teach me to have Holiness
I only want to love you,
Because the Lord is my highest good,
Make a miracle in me.


The song is sung by Gospel singer Milena, who is quite famous in spite of her young age. She excitedly announces the name of the song she will be singing. I love her bubbly and precocious spirit! As the song builds, she is joined on stage by Regise Danese, the song’s author himself. Together, they sing an incredible duet. Despite the fact that I don’t speak the language, I adore this worship song and couldn’t help the tears that came to my eyes when I first heard it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment